Monday, January 02, 2012

the post where nicole gets in over her head...

The other day, I blogged (here) about how I decided to begin a 60 day juice fast after watching Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead on Netflix. I realized that the best way for me to chronicle my daily experiences with juicing would be to create an entirely new blog that is completely centered on health and juicing and whatever obstacles I may encounter on this crazy journey.

So. Here's a new blog! Hooray!
In order for you to understand WHY I decided to juice, I'll tell you a little about the movie that inspired me.



Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead is a documentary about Joe Cross, an Australian man 100 pounds overweight who pretty much reached the end of his rope and realized that he had to do something about it. Joe travels to the U.S. to document his progress in getting healthier, and emphasized that he was NOT going to eat all the amazing food found here. Joe decided to spend his next 60 days on a diet consisting ONLY of raw fruits and vegetables that he ran through a juicer. No chewing involved. The effect that this diet had on him was incredible. He lost an incredible amount of weight. He rid his body of its dependence on sugar and processed foods. He had more energy. He didn't need the medications that his body relied on to stay well.

After watching this film with my parents, I'm completely 100% on board [and my folks are too!]. Joe talked of the body's natural ability to heal itself, and that's what I'm relying on for this fast. There's not a day that goes by that my back and knees aren't hurting. I'm overweight. I don't have as much energy as I used to. I desperately need to get on the track to healthiness.

I was debating on whether or not to divulge to people that I was doing this, because I didn't want to feel like a failure if I didn't end up completing this fast. But I realized that the more people that know what I'm planning on doing, the more accountable I'll feel to actually get this DONE. I've seen the amazing benefits of juicing and I know that this could def help me too!

I'm so excited to start juicing.... as soon as my juicer arrives!!

No comments:

Post a Comment